Our January Sale is helping you get your kids ready for “Back To School”, so we’ve put together a quick guide on how to make sure you get the best shoe for your child.
- Measure both feet and always fit shoes to the larger foot. When in a store, get the shoes professionally fitted. If you already know your child’s size, purchasing online should be a breeze.
- When the shoes are on your child’s feet, stand your child up, and check to ensure there is about half an inch (or a thumb width) of room between the end of the shoe and your child’s biggest toe. This is especially important in running shoes, as the foot expands when warm.
- Next, while your child has the shoe on and is sitting down, test the ankle fit by gently tugging at the back of the shoe. The shoe should not pop off.
- Make sure you feel all around the shoe to ensure there is no bulging or tightness. Snug is okay.
- Lastly, make your child walk around the store in the shoe and watch to make sure they are walking normally and there is no slipping or gaping.
Most importantly, a correctly fitted shoe should feel comfortable.
Remember, we offer free shipping on footwear orders over $50, and if you purchase the wrong size, Sportsmart will be happy to offer you an exchange or refund within 14 days.
Visit us in store to have one of our professional footwear staff fit your child’s shoes, or shop our range of kids shoes online NOW.
Q&A with Sportsmart’s Footwear Manager, Ryan Meggs
Many indoor soccer shoes are based on their outdoor football equivalent. For example, there are some that are lighter than others for increased speed, whereas others are designed for great touch for overall better ball control.
Q. What should I look for when choosing an indoor football boot?
The answer to this will vary depending on the type of indoor soccer shoes that you are seeking. For example, you may be looking for a football shoe for greater court speed, or a football shoe for better ball control or passing accuracy. There will usually be several options in all styles at a variety of price points, but generally the high priced football shoes will have better durability, as they tend to be made with higher quality materials as well as including more features to help improve your game.
Q. What is the best way to ensure I choose the right sized boot if I buy them from Sportsmart’s online store?
All indoor soccer shoes will be a very similar fit to your everyday sports shoes. So, if you are size 10 US in a pair of runners, you will usually be a size 10 US in a pair of indoor soccer shoes. If for some reason the size isn’t right, call our online team on (03) 9091 5024 to arrange an exchange for another size.
Q. What brands of indoor football boots does Sportsmart stock?
Q. What are the most popular models of indoor soccer boots right now?
Our best selling models at the moment are the new Nike Mercurial and Nike Magista X ranges, which both feature the Dynamic Fit Collar. There is also a variety of popular adidas styles, especially the classic adidas Mundial Goal.
Q. How do I best care for my indoor soccer boots to get more wear from them?
There isn’t a lot of maintenance required with indoor soccer shoes as they are not worn outdoors, and therefore don’t get wet or covered in mud. But we still advise that you regularly wipe them down with a damp cloth to help keep the upper clean, and make sure that the outsole is clean and free of dirt.
Q. Which indoor football boot is your personal favourite right now?
The new release models of Nike Mercurial & Magista X range are my favorite as they have plenty of technical features as well as some really modern styling.