Most golfers fall into the trap of trying to scoop the golf ball out of the bunker, with a common result – the golfer will skinny the golf ball in to the face of the bunker or over the other side of the green.
Here is an easy practise drill to help the common golfer find bunkers easier:
1. Place a $5 note on the sand facing the target
2. Put the ball in the centre of the $5 note
3. Place the face of the club at the back of the $5 note
4. Your stance must be open to the target
5. Your takeaway will follow your feel line (outside to inside), taking out the $5 note at impact
6. Always hit down on the golf ball.
Sportsmart Golf Manager and golfing professional, Ashley Grant